-Most of these places are sold out or are very near capacity. Some you can find have a room or two if you play with the length of stay in your request (usually three days).
-If you have any questions about places you discover that are further out, feel free to contact me and I’ll do my best to answer them.
A couple of weeks ago I drove up to Boulder to check these places out. Here are my recommendations:
The following accommodations are within a reasonable walking distance of campus:
- Millennium Harvest House Boulder. 1345 28th Street, Boulder, CO 80302. 303-443-3850 (0.4 miles) — This is a nice, 50 year old hotel. Lot’s of room for parking!
- Boulder Marriott. 2660 Canyon Boulevard, Boulder, CO 80302. 303-440-8877 (1.0 mile) — Very nice, sits back in the corner with nice restaurants around. Underground parking.
- Boulder Outlook Hotel and Suites. 800 28th Street, Boulder, CO 80303. 303-443-3322 (0.5 miles) — This would be a great place for those who want a Boulder feel to things. It’s a zero waste hotel, and may be better for those who don’t want to spend into the $200 range. It does have more of a motel feel, with only parts of the room being on the inside, around the pool. Others are arranged outside. I really like the feel of this place. If you want an “inside” room, choose one with a pool view .
- Best Western Boulder Inn. 770 28th Street, Boulder, CO 80303. 303-449-3800 (0.6 miles) — The guy at the desk was very eager to show me around. They have all new carpets and vanities. A courtyard feel.
- Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast. 2151 Arapahoe, Boulder, CO 80302. 303-442-3007 (0.9 miles) — I actually did not visit this one, it’s a BB, so a small place.
- Best Western Golden Buff Lodge. 1725 28th Street, Boulder, CO 80301. 303-442-7450 (1.0 mile) — It’s close and the least expensive. It is right next to a busy road and the rooms are not soundproof. More of a motel.